1 What we mean by Personal Information
By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to our processing your Personal Information for the purposes set out below. For the purposes of the Act the data controller (“We” or “Us“) is Censta Ltd., a limited company with registered number 363642 whose registered office is at City Point 2, 25 Tyndrum Street, Glasgow, G4 0JY(“the Company“, “Us“, “Our“).
2. Personal Information – Information we may collect from you, why we need it and how we use it
We may collect and process the following Personal Information about you when you sign up for our Newsletter. Any Personal Information gathered is used to allow us to refine and improve our service. We have set out below the various uses made of your Personal Information:
- What information we collect from all users: We will log an IP address for all visitors to our Site. An IP address is a numerical label assigned to a computer on a network using the Internet Protocol. Any computer or mobile device connected to the internet has an associated IP address so that data can be routed to it. It is difficult to trace an IP address back to an individual person, and we do not do so.
- What information we collect from Newsletter subscribers: When you sign up to the Newsletter, we will collect your email address and IP address.
- Why we need this information: We will need your email address in case you wish to receive email updates. Your IP address is logged by us so that we can prevent any spam, fraud or abuse of our Site. This information will never identify you or your computer personally. We may use your Personal Information to update you on the services and features that we provide from the Site. If you request e-mail updates from us, it is necessary for us to hold the Personal Information you provide.
- How we use this information: We do not sell, trade or rent your information to other parties unless we have first obtained your consent. If you do give us permission, we will only share information with organisations we have carefully selected and believe to be reputable. Should you register for updates via our email update, you can easily opt out of receiving further updates by clicking “unsubscribe” in the relevant email.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. More information on the cookies we use can be found below.
4. How we protect your Personal Information
However, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, due to the nature of the internet we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. With this in mind, we urge you to take every precaution to protect your Personal Information while you are on the internet.
5. How long we keep your Personal Information
Your Personal Information will only be kept by us for as long as is necessary and we will keep this under review. This means that for those users that have signed up to receive our Newsletter, we will keep and use their Personal Information for as long as they are signed up for our Newsletter, and for a period of time afterwards in order to, among other things, deal with any consequent queries or complaints you may have. We may in our sole discretion delete any Personal Information relating to you from our servers without reference to you.
6. Other Sites
This privacy statement does not cover the links within this Site to other sites. We therefore encourage you to read the privacy statements of the other sites.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies are small files stored in your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. When you access our Site, our computer server will access these cookies so that it can recognise your computer. They help us to improve our Site and deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can alter your settings to allow you to be prompted every time a cookie is sent to you or you can choose not to receive cookies at all. For independent information about cookies you can go to www.aboutcookies.org.
Cookies for improving service
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Site and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast. The cookies used for this are listed below:
|_utma||Randomly generated number||2 years|
|_utmb||Randomly generated number||30 minutes|
|_utmc||Randomly generated number||When user closes browser|
|_utmz||Randomly generated number + info on how the Site was reached (e.g. directly or via a link, organic search or paid search)||6 months|
For further details on the cookies set by Google Analytics, please refer to the Google Code Site (Opens in a new window).